Monday, February 4, 2013

Hello World! I'm Chrissy!

I am starting this
 Diary/Blog/Auto-Biography
 to help keep me committed to a new lifestyle.
A life that includes a balance of health, fitness and happiness. 

Tomorrow, I am beginning the all too popular and effective P90X Workouts! How invested am I in this endeavor? You would think GREATLY invested as you just dropped a ton of $$$ for an exerciseeeeee programmmm..... might as well just throw your money away with a gym membership. But I was not that idiotic! No~ I am doing this program with a friend who already has it! SCORE! 

In fact, I am about $17.39 invested in this as I just bought a yoga mat and resistance bands tonight. The last night of freedom, the last night of a pain free body, the last night of... No, I will not, CANNOT, have this attitude before embarking upon my journey of Lifestyle Reformation! 

I have several reasons why I NEED and WANT an overhaul. 

1) I'm bored. Though workouts are not my first choice to fill the void, I feel that it is the best choice. I am well aware of all the benefits of being active and feeling healthy, and for years I have been too lazy to go after the healthy way of life. Time to stop that and start living! Which brings me to my next point....

2) I am in a new city!!! As a recent graduate in 2012 from my alma mater U of IL, I have left the frozen plains for the warm and sunny sands of Phoenix, AZ and I love it! Being in a new place, I feel that I owe it to myself to do something new, something that I have never tried before and start living! Since my budget for skydiving and horseback riding is sparse, I will elect to be FIT! And I will be the fittest of them all! And that's saying something for AZ, these sun worshiping health nuts!

3) I have not actually been H-E-A-L-T-H-Y since... I dunno...... freshman year.................. of high school.. *shame*... And by healthy, I mean, eating pretty decently, running a mile and not feeling like dying, and being a part of a group effort. 

The last time I looked my best was in 2010 when I entered the Hooters Bikini Contest---->. During that time, I looked great, but did not feel great. I felt cold and ill, and just did not feel comfortable in my own skin. I had just come off of my sophomore year of college and had a diet consisting of booze, morsel of hangover food, dinner, booze.... not the best diet, but it got me into bikini ready shape with just 2 weeks of sit-ups! This time, I have a full time job, eat 3 meals a day and am a real person, so let's try this whole look and feel amazing in a bikini thing again.

4) As I was saying  ^above^~ I want to look good again!!! After graduating, hell- after 2010, I have not looked my best. It's not bad, but it's not the best, and I feel that I owe it to myself at this time, this place, this moment in my life to give it everything I have! I don't know where it will take me, but I know it can only be good for me. What else am I doing? Nothing! Who else am I living for? No one. Who do I have to answer to? Myself! And now you guys.

I am starting this blog to keep myself accountable. I will diary my daily progress, my changes, my goals, my lows, my highs and hopefully my happiness because that is truly what I want to get out of this program- a happy life! 

No comments:

Post a Comment